Dates: Every Friday night
Times: Friday 7 and 9 pm
Convenor: Wendy Rathwell
Format and Rules:
- Teams are seeded in the Fall so that novices play novices and the better teams play each other
- Run as a ladder with six teams per section and teams moving up or down after each round robin (5 games)
- 20 game season - 4 rounds of 5 games each
- Every effort is made to see that individuals and couples are able to find a team
- Winners - Please record your Win and your opposition's loss using "W + Point Differential" and "L - Point Differential"
- Standings per round determined as follows: 3 points for a win (regardless of how you win); 1 point for a loss (game played); 0 points for a loss by default.
- If 2 of more teams are tied: head-to-head results first, then point differential
- At the end of Game 20 - Team A1 is declared the League Champion, and is awarded the Johannsen Shield
- Last end: At 8:40 PM teams are allowed to finish the end they are in and play one more.
- Ties: Decided by skip's rocks with sweeping and recorded as "W + 0" and "L - 0"
- Defaults: Recorded by "W + D" and "L - D"
- Spares: Unlimited substitution is allowed to encourage games to be played at scheduled times. The team must remain mixed with spares, and play in a mixed alignment; male spares for male players and female spares for female players.
- See also: Club Rules for the general club rules that apply to this league.
Information is located at the bottom of the Leagues page found under the CURLING tab on the Home Page.