Dates: Every Friday night
Times: Friday 7 and 9 pm
Convenor: Wendy Rathwell
Format and Rules:
- Teams are seeded in the Fall so that novices play novices and the better teams play each other
- Run as a ladder with six teams per section and teams moving up or down after each round robin (5 games)
- 20 game season - 4 rounds of 5 games each
- Every effort is made to see that individuals and couples are able to find a team
- Tied Games: broken by Skips' Rocks, with or without sweeping, and recorded as "W + 0" and "L - 0 "
- Winners - Please record your Win and your opposition's loss using "W + Point Differential" and "L - Point Differential"
- Defaults recorded by "W + D" and "L - D"
- Standings per round determined as follows: 3 points for a win (regardless of how you win); 1 point for a loss (game played); 0 points for a loss by default.
- If 2 of more teams are tied: head-to-head results first, then point differential
- At the end of Game 20 - Team A1 is declared the League Champion, and is awarded the Johannsen Shield
- Spares: Unlimited substitution is allowed to encourage games to be played at scheduled times
- See also: Club Rules for the gerneral club rules that apply to this league.
- Last end: Games are not allowed to begin a new end past 8:46 PM
Information is located at the bottom of the Leagues page found under the CURLING tab on the Home Page.